Current Residence: Dallas, TX
- Over 25 years of global project management and executive-level experience.
- Responsible for managing the human resources, facilities, information technology, accounting, and payroll functions.
- Managed and delivered multi-million dollar, international projects to be on time, to specifications, and under budget.
Previous Employers and Consulting Clients
- Texas Instruments
- Frito Lay/Pepisco
- Ernst & Young
- Accor North America
- Dallas/Ft. Worth International Airport
- Superconducting Super Collider Project
- Siemens/Efficient Networks
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Lomas & Nettleton
- Regional Justice Information Service
- City of St. Louis
- Road Running Club of America (RRCA) Certified Running Coach.
- Completed 129 marathons (26.2-miles/42.2K), including winning age and weight division trophies.
- Made history after running a marathon on all seven continents. Fewer than 250 people in the world had completed this feat. Historic artifacts are with the Smithsonian Institute. A three-hour, video recording of an interview about his life story is in the US Library of Congress.
|North America||Cowtown Marathon||Ft. Worth, TX|
|Australia||Gold Coast Airport Marathon||Gold Coast, Australia|
|Asia||Great Wall Marathon||Huangyaguan, China|
|Antarctica||Antarctica Marathon||King George Is., Antarctica|
|South America||Fin Del Mundo Marathon||Ushuaia, Argentina|
|Africa||Lewa SafriCom Marathon||Lewa, Kenya|
|Europe||French Riviera Marathon||Nice, France|
|Africa||Mt. Kilimanjaro Marathon||Moshi, Tanzania|
- Member of 100 Marathons Club.
- Finished marathons in all 50 States.
- One of about 40 people in world who completed the marathon “hat trick” of completing (1) 100 marathons in (2) all 50 States and (3) seven continents. He may be the only person in the world to have completed the “hat trick” plus finished 50 marathons in one State (TX).
- Won age group trophies in biathlons (running and cycling).
- Competed in bicycle races from 50 to 100 miles.
- Completed the Texas Marathon Challenge (five marathons in four months).
- Ran a marathon a month while 50 years old, including a 50K (31.1 miles) ultra-marathon.
- Dallas (formerly White Rock) Marathon (since 2009).
- Jubilee Theatre Board (2007 thru 2009).
- Oracle Applications Users’ Group (2003 thru 2007).
- Running USA (since 2015)
- MS, Accounting, University of Texas at Dallas (TX)
- MBA, Management, Abilene Christian University
- BA, Management, Webster University, St. Louis, MO
- BA, Mathematics, Webster University, St. Louis, MO
- Project Management Institute Registered Education Provider (2010 through 2016)
- Project Management Institute Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Supply Chain Management Certification
- Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) Certified Distance Running Coach
Collegiate Classes Taught
- Project Management
- Business Organization & Management
- Information Technology, including database design
Selected Articles by Anthony
- The IT Developer’s Life Cycle.
- Surviving the Mid-Career Crisis.
- IT Needs Good Writers.
- Let Staff Do Reviews Too.
Selected Published Articles About Anthony
- June 12, 2015 – Get Fit in the Great Outdoors, Dallas Morning News.
- December 15, 2014 – Life-Long Learners Will Stand Out From Other Competitors, CBS (Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX)
- November 16, 2013 – Richmond Marathon, NBC 12 TV (Richmond, VA).
- November 14, 2013 – Running with a Mission, Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- April 27, 2013 – Thousands Attend KDF miniMarathon & Great Balloon Race, Wave 3 TV.
- April 17, 2013 – Webster University Alumnus, Tony Reed, Family Safe After Boston Tragedy, Webster University’s The Journal.
- April 16, 2013 – Marathon Tragedy Felt by All Runners, USA Today.
- Winter, 2010 – Staring Down Danger, Webster World.
- Dec. 2010/Jan. 2011 – Marathons for a Good Cause, Ebony.
- December, 2010 – 6th Annual [PMI Tamp Bay] Symposium “Drives Change”, PMI Today.
- August, 2010 – PMI New Jersey Chapter – Symposium and Seminar Offer, PMI Today.
- September, 2009 – Letters to the Editor – Body Talk, Ebony.
- June 26, 2009 – Runner’s Resume is Global, Oak Cliff People.
- May, 2009 – Body Talk – Ahead of the Pack, Ebony.
- February 24, 2009 – 100th Marathon Comes With A Cause, the Dallas Morning News.
- February, 2009 – Anthony Reed, Black Sports – The Magazine.
- Spring, 2008 – Staying the Course: Black Marathoners Share Lessons from the Race, Black MBA Magazine.
- November, 2007 – The Last Word, The Journal of Accountancy.
- August, 2007 – First Black Runner Finishes Marathon on all Seven Continents, Runner Triathlete News.
- July 17, 2007 – Tony Reed Becomes First Black Runner To Finish Seven Marathons On Seven Continents, Runners World.
- July 17, 2007 – Tony Reed: How I Became the First Black Runner to Complete Marathons on All Seven Continents, Runners World.
- May 18, 2007 – Cleveland Marathon: A Foot Soldier for Blacks’ Good Health, The Plain Dealer (Cleveland, OH).
- May/June, 2007 – The Antarctica Marathon – The Marathon Texans Loved to Hate, Inside Texas Running.
- March 16, 2007 – Some Cold Feet, But No Weak Knees – Antarctica Marathon, The Dallas Morning News.
- First Quarter, 2007 – A Success Story – The Running Man, Texins Magazine.
- Fall, 2006 – Great Wall Delivers a Great Adventure, Travel News For Runners.
- Sep/Oct, 2005 – NBMA to Gather at Lewis & Clark Marathon , Missouri Runner and Triathlete.
- February 28, 2005 – A Brief Chat with Tony Reed, Runners World.
- January 30, 2005 – Runners Keep Sport in Step with Times, The Ft. Worth (TX) Star-Telegram.
- April 25 and 26, 2005 – Promoting Healthier Lives & Related Editorial, The Cincinnati Enquirer.
- March 5, 2004 – Diabetes Hasn’t Caught Up To Local Marathoner, The Dallas Morning News.
- March 3, 2004 – 50 Was Nifty for Dallas Marathoner, The Ft. Worth Star-Telegram.
- March, 2004 – featured as “Former Wyman Camper and Counselor” in Cornerstone for Kids campaign in support of Wyman andCampCoca-Cola.
- Summer, 2003 – “Management Consultant Spends Free Time Running Marathons” Webster (University) World.
- March 28, 2003 – Marathoner Reaches Goal Before 50, The Dallas Morning News’ Sports Section.
Published/Books Articles By Anthony
- Runner’s World, January, 2014, The Pioneer: Marilyn Bevans.
- Running to Leadership: What Finishing 100+ Marathons On All Seven Continents Teaches Us About Success, published 2011.
- Finding the I in TEAM: Better Team Building Through Individual Building, published 2009.
- Running Shoes Are Cheaper Than Insulin: Marathon Adventures on all Seven Continents, published 2007.
- The Achievement Equation: Your Formula for Success, published 2008.
- RunnersWorld.com (First Person Blog), “Tony Reed: How I Became the First Black Runner To Complete Marathons On All Seven Continents”, July 17, 2007.
- The S.M.A.R.T. Degree, published in 1989. It has received excellent reviews in various national and collegiate newspapers and magazines, including The Dallas Morning News.
- Career Focus, “Improving Status Reports.”
- The North Dallas Community News, “Managing Your Career” columnist in 1989.
Recent Photography Credits
- KDAF-TV (Dallas).
- Webster University’s The Journal.
- Journal of Accountancy.
- Dallas Morning News (Travel & Sports Sections).
- Inside Texas Running.
- Black Sports – The Magazine